The Writing Life

Friday, September 02, 2005

Helpless and Angry

I feel so helpless in light of the tragedy playing out in the south after the destructive forces of Hurricane Katrina. I'd love to give the Red Cross a huge check, but still haven't been paid by either publisher, so I'm living on very little funds. I'm going to donate 10% of all the money I have in the world, which isn't much. One of the boards I post on is matching donations, so at least my small contribution will be doubled.

I am livid at Bush and his cabal, and the way they have handled this crisis. I've known for quite awhile that Bush is the worst president this country has seen in my lifetime (possibly in our entire history), but I was still naive enough to hope that in so obvious a crisis he might at least step near the plate. Instead he vacationed, did his little pro-war tour, played with a guitar, and rode his bike. Pretending to care, he had Air Force One dip below the clouds long enough to do a little tourist gawk at the damage. That's showing leadership! Way to go, Chimp! Now everyone who's starving and dying will feel SO much better!

After gutting all the programs that are in place to care for the citizenry of the United States, FEMA is a mere shadow of its former self. I remember when the Northridge quake hit my area. It was devestating, but FEMA was there immediately, and did its best to help us on our way to becoming whole again. This destruction is so much larger, deadlier, and horrifying, yet the head of FEMA, who was fired from his last job for incompetency, but was lucky enough to be a Bush crony, is now spending all of his time talking and lying to the media. I've seen him get caught in lies so many times, it's now a "wait for it" moment every time I see him inerviewed. "I just found out there are some people at the convention center." Just found out? I've known for days! How is that some uninvolved TV viewer in California knows about the problem but the director of FEMA doesn't?

And I'm sick to death of hearing about "no one expected this." Again, I KNEW IT WAS COMING! How? I saw a show on the Discovery Channel that predicted exactly this scenario. Saw it last year. I knew all about the levees and the flooding and the danger of a category 4 or 5 hurricane. WHY DIDN'T THE GOVERNMENT? Wait, let me guess: What I saw had to do with science and we all know that science isn't allowed in the current administration.

I've been watching too many people dying. I've seen too many dead bodies on TV. I've seen too much destruction. I've heard too many presidential platitudes. I'm feeling too helpless and angry and just feel the need to rant. I despise what the incompetent ape in office has done to MY country. I despise his sociopathic inability to care about anyone who isn't one of his buddies. I despise his efforts to ruin the lives of the poor and disposessed by cutting all government programs meant to aid the American people. I despise his selfish need to be a "war president". I despise the lies and fraud that was perpetuated on the American people regarding Iraq. I despise the fact that he murdered all those soldiers as clearly as if he had set off the bombs and shot the bullets himself. I despise what he has done to the reputation of the USA abroad. I despise that a man who obviously hates this country and its people is sitting in the highest office of the land. I despise that he stole two elections, rigging voting machines so that Democratic votes turned mysteriously into Republican votes. I despise Bush's dishonesty, his lack of compassion, his ego, his immaturity, his lack of intellect, his inability to admit when he's wrong, and so many things I can list it.

This is what helpless and angry feels like.

1 Comments:

  • You have a knack for
    writing. I read about 20
    blogs a day, and skim about
    30 more, so I mean it! We
    can all use improvement, but
    you certainly are better than
    most I've read.

    I'm going to be starting a blog
    soon, about affordable seo services company
    (I know, it sounds strange!) but
    if you don't mind, I might drop
    you a line just to get a little advice.
    Ok?

    Thanks kindly.

    One Crazy Blog Addict...!
    Dave, King of All Keywords

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home